You Can Make a Difference
The planet is changing and so must our attitudes towards consumption.
Greenwave Energy is a California based energy company designed for a changing world. To protect our breathable future, we must all think differently about our energy consumption and lean forward into conservation and lower carbon emissions.
We offer like-minded consumers a variety of ways to make a difference by choosing renewable energy and carbon offset natural gas. Together we can ensure a cleaner future and reshape our national energy policy.
Do your part. Ride the Greenwave.
Exclusively for PG&E Residential Customers
Renewable Energy Certificates
What are RECs?
Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) are a market-based instrument that certifies the bearer owns one megawatt-hour (MWh) of electricity generated from a renewable energy resource. Once the power provider has fed the energy into the grid, the REC receive can then be sold on the open market as an energy commodity. However, RECs can go by many names, including Green tag, Tradable Renewable Certificates (TRCs), Renewable Electricity Certificates, or Renewable Energy Credits.
How RECs Help You (and the world)
– RECs certify that a bearer of a market-based instrument owns one MWh of renewable energy.
– RECs account for the amount of renewable energy that flows through the power grid.
– Unused power created from a renewable energy sources will receive a credit (REC) that can eventually be sold for profit.
– Among other types of market trades, REC swaps consist of trading RECs to profit from the disparity between the buy and sell price.
– Many states have varying RPS standards which increase trading.
Want to learn more?
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — California staved off another round of rolling blackouts as a searing heatwave strained its electrical grid, but authorities warned of a
Subscribe to our newsletter
Stay up to date on energy news happening in California. (We wont spam you)