Exclusive Offer for PG&E
Greenwave Energy is a California based renweable energy company designed for a changing world. To protect our breathable future, we must all think differently about our energy consumption and lean forward into conservation and lower carbon emissions.
We offer like-minded consumers a variety of ways to make a difference by choosing renewable energy and carbon offset natural gas. Together we can ensure a cleaner future and reshape our national energy policy.
Do your part. Ride the Greenwave.
Exclusively for PG&E Residential Customers, see if you qualify
Saving the Planet – Greenwave Environmental Impact
GreenWave Energy customers are now responsible for offsetting 155,723.79 metric tons of CO2 or 29,335,247.59 million therms. This is the equivalent of offsetting the annual emissions of 33,853 passenger vehicles.
The REC program has also led to the “greening” of over 239,843,100 million kWh of electricity. This is equivalent to the average annual kwh consumption of 23,064 residential households.
Check out our Customer Testimonials
Renewable Energy Certificates
What are RECs?
Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) are a market-based instrument that certifies the bearer owns one megawatt-hour (MWh) of electricity generated from a renewable energy resource. Once the power provider has fed the energy into the grid, the REC receive can then be sold on the open market as an energy commodity. However, RECs can go by many names, including Green tag, Tradable Renewable Certificates (TRCs), Renewable Electricity Certificates, or Renewable Energy Credits.
How RECs Help You (and the world)
– RECs certify that a bearer of a market-based instrument owns one MWh of renewable energy.
– RECs account for the amount of renewable energy that flows through the power grid.
– Unused power created from a renewable energy sources will receive a credit (REC) that can eventually be sold for profit.
– Among other types of market trades, REC swaps consist of trading RECs to profit from the disparity between the buy and sell price.
– Many states have varying RPS standards which increase trading.
Want to learn more?